Monday, 5 December 2011

Clothes Show Live

So this weekend I went to the Clothes Show in Birmingham. I can confirm that there were great bargains and lots of eye candy! Unlike BNTM Live, the Clothes Show holds more of a focus on shopping for discounted gear - the majority of which are cheap market stalls you would pass by on the streets of London and the day therefore requires wading through a lot of crap. But indeed there was treasure to be found! Unfortunately as a student, money is sparse and I have learned that I must be selective when it comes to shopping -  a very hard skill to master.

Here are my, and my sisters, Clothes Show buys (besides handfuls of goody bags and freebies)...

My new faux snakeskin bag

I love the lightning bolt across the front!

My new Pretty Polly tights for the bargain of £5!

My sister brought this stunning brocade-look strapless dress
from Strawberry Kats

Another Pretty Polly bargain for my sister


I also brought these House of Holland for Pretty Polly tights, however they're a christmas present so I must wait a few weeks ...




The live show stepped up to its usual standard, besides the fact that our vision was compromised by a large pillar infront of the stage. George Lamb opened the show with Grace Woodward who was looking slightly less glamorous than her BNTM appearance in a baby pink tunic dress and platform shoes (the same pair she wore to BNTM!). Other celebrities that took to the stage were Lauren Goodger - causing my sister to burst into a hype of excitement - The Parade and Kimberly Wyatt. I was also extremely excited to see three of my most loved models on the runway - Max, BB and BNTM winner Jade! And to top it off, I touched BB while leaving the live show ;) and he is just as gorgeous as on Dirty Sexy Things!

Here are just a selection of the images I took of the show...

Grace Woodward and George Lamb

Towie's Lauren Goodger joins them for a chat

The Parade





BB and Max 


















Kimberly Wyatt

Kimberly Wyatt

Kimberly Wyatt

BB holds Jade's hand as they work the runway



I managed to snap a picture of BB right before
I turned to mush!

2 comments:

  1. Love your bag with the lightning bolt on the front! And your sister's brocade dress - I've got exactly the same, it's stunning. It looks great on her.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I can't wait to take it out! And yes, I will definately be stealing her dress!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete