Sunday, 30 September 2012

This is how you do 90s today !

If there's one show that has caught my eye during Paris Fashion Week it's Balmain. Besides the occasional deformed silhouette - a result of some extremely square shoulder pads - I loved the entire collection! I'm a sucker for monochrome stripes and this season Olivier Rousteing delivered just that and even slipped in some patterned pieces in colour which reminded me of Will Smith as the Fresh Prince - dw, it's a good thing... in this case at least! For the first time this fashion week season, I like the reference to 90s fashion. For the first time it has been done right, designed with a modern twist and not triggering that 'erghh' noise that the likes of DSquared2 and Versace had on me and my girls when we saw everything that was bad about 90s fashion trinkling all over the collections. If there's one thing I always love in a collection it's a flash of leather and for ss13 Balmain presented numerous pieces in this fabric but my favourite were the high waisted 90s gangster-style trousers. These have certainly made it onto my lust-have list (this is my 'must find a half-decent version on the high street' list).
I hope that this means the shows have taken a turn in a more stylish direction and Paris is ending the month with a fashionable bang...

Images from vogue.co.uk

Images from vogue.co.uk

Images from vogue.co.uk

Images from vogue.co.uk

Images from vogue.co.uk

Images from vogue.co.uk

Images from vogue.co.uk
Images from vogue.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Balmain show as well, it was one of the best! Also I'm so happy that big shoulders are back. Hopefully they'll make it onto the high street haha.

    ReplyDelete